Sunday, February 18, 2007

WHY ME?

We at Spirit-Works thought we would kick off a regular column on the blog called "Why Me?".
The purpose of "Why Me?" is to demonstrate how each and every situation and occurence in our lives is for purpose and has a lesson attached to it. I thought I'd start it off by producing my own "Why Me?" tidbit.

I have spent many a night asking myself "Why?", why did she say that? why did he do that? I can't believe they chose that choice...and I have finally discovered that I consistently resorted to victim mode in order to meet my needs at the moment. I didn't even realize I was doing it. It was ingrained habit and it was manipulative at times. How did I finally recognize what I was doing? By continuously putting myself into situations where I was not treated well, by being taken for granted, and by not acting on my dreams...I had to wonder what the common denominator was.
I attracted these situations into my life due to the law of attraction. My beliefs brought me to all of my reality...but if I had not drawn those things to myself I would not have learned more about what I do to survive. So I became more aware of my part in relating to others and my world. I could have easily turned the finger toward those people I had attracted into my realm, but I would have lost the lesson. I would not have taken personal responsibility for my part in contributing to my less that ideal situations...and I would not have had the opportunity to change it and become a better person. Does anyone have a why me moment???

Angela H.

5 comments:

sandegaye said...

I know I have sure had my share of 'Why me's?' For those of us who have been married more than once or have had multiple relationships that started out so well, then went south in a hurry.. you know where I'm coming from.
'Why weren't they consistent? Why did they do this to me?' etc, etc. It took a good long while & a patched up broken heart, for me to realize that every relationship had come into my life for purpose. They had taught me life lessons that I never would've learned any other way. They also taught me to trust the Universe for the perfect soulmate.. & sure enough, he did show up!
The Law of Attraction works in all areas of our lives.. not just the jobs, the pay, the house, the car.. but every area: Mind, Soul, Body.
What we're 'putting out there' draws our experience to us. I like what Iyanla VanZant says.. 'People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.'
And I can live w/ that.

Julie said...

I love what you wrote Angi, I have done the same thing so many times and I always take my own responsibility out of the loop here, I love the points you make about it! Thanks for the lesson on how to view it a different way and learn from it instead of just blaming others.

... said...

(perhaps a repeat comment - my computer just flipped out)

I'm pretty sure my middle name is "Why Me".

Thanks for an interesting and insightful take on the "why" of "why me"!

Angela H said...

Thanks Julie! I've lived a long time in the why's but it always feels so consuming and it is has no destination other than being bitter. It's interesting because with the why's comes a sense of helplessness...when we address what the lesson is, it brings a sense of empowerment. We can move beyond and our sense of happiness doesn't depend on anyone's behavior or decisions. It's always a process. I not only remind myself but have a support person who reminds me as well. It's a bitter pill to swallow sometimes...but its worth it in the end.

sandegaye said...

We appreciate your comments! I love the fact that we can empower ourselves rather than beating ourselves down over perceived hurts.
Thanks for sharing..