Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It's all about the Balance

Ever try to sit on a 3-legged stool when one of the legs is missing? Uh-huh.. right to the ground.
That is what happens when we are out of balance in our own lives.
Take the popular Mind/Body/Spirit trilogy.. if I get out of synch & decide to stress my physical limits by say, exercising too much (I know, but this is MY fantasy, ok?). I can become obsessive about my body to the point of forgetting to nurture all other areas of my life..
This creates a disharmony.
The Universe may attempt to jog my memory about my Mind & Spirit needs by gentle ways. (Maybe an invitation to join a Tai Chi class with a friend. Or seeing a really interesting course to take online).
If I persist to ignore the needs for balance.. I may get a more 'jolting' wake-up call.
I'm reminded of my own experience when I was so obsessed with a gym advanced-aerobic class, that even when I broke 2 toes.. I was still attempting to do jumping jacks with the rest of the class! Needless to say those toes never healed right & they are an ongoing reminder to seek 'balance' in all things.

The Universe seeks harmony around us & within us. When life feels as if it's 'flowing'.. we know we are in harmony & balance.
If you feel like it's a struggle, with one obstacle after another.. maybe it's time to release that need-to-control, & allow that benevolent Universe to do it's best work for you.
For today.. let's live in Balance.

2 comments:

Angela H said...

That is so true. Instead of going with the flow I decide what it is I think I want and I attempt to control the situation only to end up out of balance with life. I even have dreams of obstacles! I feel out of balance with everything and everyone at those times. When I trust in the Universe to carry me through the current...all effort to manipulate is gone and I can sit back and enjoy life in the moment. When I was working at a job I didn't want to be at and I didn't listen to my own yearnings to change it...I began to obsessively think about my unhappiness of where I was and that made for a imbalance. When I don't take the action, the Universe will through my health or the job itself.

... said...

I definitely need to re-learn to let go. The past year, in particular, I've been pulling at the reins trying to direct things - and this has been one of the most unsatisfying years of my life.

Balance. Hmmmm. Perhaps that's something to meditate on.