Friday, February 23, 2007

The Universal Law of Cycles..

Being a woman, we all know 1st hand about 'cycles'. Most of us were born with them. And we forever blame the lunar cycles for the PMS, the full-moon lunacy, and even the births of our offspring. So the Law of Cycles isn't hard for us to buy into. For 'everything there is a season' as the Bible says. And the seasons cycle us on to various pleasures (or pain.. I'm thinking of the snowfalls in upstate NY) throughout the year.

Consider the cycles in your own personal life. The friends that come.. then go.
The soulmates that thrive.. then die off.
The job that was going to be your lifelong career.. then became the anchor in your derrierre.
The house that just fit your dreams.. then lost value in the markets.
Or how about the new friends that replaced the lost ones..
Or the love interest that came into your life at your lowest point..changing your fortunes.
The hobby that became your most productive job ever.
Perhaps the fact that you doubled your equity when you sold that house.

Everything cycles.. nothing is without change, because if it was it would be stagnant & dead.
We are all changing.. all of the time.
Life is a giant cycle.. a constant flow of 'letting go' of the old, & then 'receiving' the new with open arms.
I always chuckle when I see a movie or read a book where the romantic leads say things like, 'Oh baby, don't ever change. I love you just the way your are right here, right now. You complete me.' Because that interchange, while flowery & a good sound-bite, is simply impossible to be true. By the time it is said, that love interest is already changing.. perhaps from simply having heard those words!

Our lesson in all of this is to appreciate the 'here & now'.. love & enjoy the gifts in the precious 'present'.. but don't cling to them because they will not stay in quite the same way.
Don't lose the present by longing for the past.. it has cycled out of your life.
Don't lose the present by pineing for a distant dream in tomorrow. What is yours will come to you.
Just breathe.. just 'BE'.. & allow life's cycles to take you on your own particular journey through this fantastic lifetime.
It's all ebb & flow.
If you are in a tough place right now & nothing seems to be going right.. know that this too shall pass.
It will cycle away from you, & trust the Universe for your Highest Good to come into your life & take it's place.

Allow yourself to be a Spiritual Being..

2 comments:

Angela H said...

This is a big thing in my life. As much as I try to rush things to fit my desires, I know that by remaining unattached to the point of going with the flow is always best; and when I may be going through a tough spot I know that it will pass and that is always comforting.

... said...

Each time I read a new Spirit-Works post, I'm reminded of how much I've really lost focus of my spiritual side. I dig in and fight tooth and nail to shift my realities - when what I *should* be doing is relaxing and appreciating what's currently here.

Thanks for the refreshing reminder.