Friday, February 16, 2007

Practicing the Law of Abundance

I'm hoping that my sweet daughter won't mind my re-telling this story about a Psychic Fair experience that we had back in the early 90's in AZ.
She called herself the 'Angel Lady', and surrounded her little booth with angel candles, and I'm a sucker for those cute things.
So Angela & I sat at her booth and listened to her words.
She said, 'To receive something wonderful in your life, you have to make room for it. If you say you want a beautiful new sofa in your living room, but you are perfectly satisfied to have the shabby futon taking up it's space.. then you will not see the new one come into your life.
If you say you want to be driving a new Cadillac, but are seemingly happy to be plodding through town in a broken down Ford pick-up, that Cadillac will elude you.
In that same vein, when you say you want your soulmate to come into your life, but your romantic life has some lingering relationship that isn't blessing you.. then you need to move that relationship out of the way to prepare for the abundance of what God has for you.'
She looked into Angela's eyes and said, 'It is now October.. by the holidays, if you have opened up to receive the gift, there will be a new man in your life. He has light hair and blue eyes. He will be the mate to your soul. And the new year will see you welcoming a new soul into your home.'
Like most readings, we filed this message away in our hearts.. but something clicked, & the old relationship was ended by my daughter.
The very next month, she met the man of her dreams.. and 1995 brought a precious grandson into our lives.

The 'message' from this story? (Other than always trust the sweet 'angel ladies with candles'? ;o)
Make room for Abundance in your life! Pressed down, shaken together.. filled to the top!
Don't become complacent with the status quo. We are children of the Divine & it is our birthright to have every good thing.

For today, let your mantra be, 'I AM OPEN TO ABUNDANCE!'

3 comments:

Angela H said...

You are completely right. We hang on to so many things that do not serve us hoping that someday they will. I had to love myself more than the relationship that wasn't right and that wasn't easy for me. In faith I knew that when I chose to love myself, the right person would come along and boy, the Universe doesn't mess around, does it? What a whirl of energy.

... said...

I'd venture to say that "comfort" is my personal downfall. It's so easy to keep the proverbial shabby futon around simply because it's familiar and safe. Making room for the fancy couch is scary: how will I afford it, who will lift it up the stairs to get it into my apartment, etc.

This is a really cool entry. And definitely stuff to ponder - there is so much out there waiting for us, if we'd just have the faith and courage to pursue them!

sandegaye said...

I know what you mean, MissWorld. Sometimes we can even stay in a bad relationship because the 'pain is a familiar one'. It's not always w/ the material stuff.

Letting go is one of the hardest things we can learn to do. Reminds me of that poem that (paraphrased) says,
'Go to the edge, he said.
And they said, but we are afraid.
Go to the edge, he said.
And they did.
And they flew!'

Sometimes we just need to fly.