Friday, May 4, 2007

Karma, Karma, Karma

"Law of Karma -- What we send forth into the universe comes back to us.
We reap positive rewards for our good deeds and negative consequences of our misdeeds.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought, it is founded on Thought, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man acts or speaks with all evil thought, pain follows him as the wheel follows the foot of the ox that draws the chariot." Galations 6:7 "
~~~
If anyone hasn't had to live out this Law of the Universe, raise your hand & be sainted!
As for myself, for every crappy thing I've done in life, something has come to bite me in the a**. And on the upside, for every random act of kindness that I have extended.. wonderful things have presented themselves to me.
I think Jesus was all over this one when he said the main rule was simply to love one another as you do yourself. I sometimes had to turn that around however, & encourage myself to love myself as much as I did others. (There were times in my past when I was much kinder to others.)

Here's a good resource page for Karma:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma
Most metaphysicians believe that Karmic debt is cumulative and that we face it through lifetimes, via reincarnation.

Today, let's send forth 'good' things all around us, & be rewarded with all those nice Karma points. Personally, I can use all the help I can get.

Blessings from a Benevolent Universe!

2 comments:

Angela H said...

I think Karma is just the law of cause and effect. we put things in motion with our beliefs and actions...whether we like it or not. It's like the old saying says...give what you need. it all comes back around. this is a good one. what a great scripture and a good reminder that the bible doesn't belong to only one group, interpreted in only one way.

... said...

Boy, that Jesus was quite a guy - what a brilliant philosophy.

And I really liked what you had to say about learning to love yourself they way others love you; that's a big hurdle for me to jump.