Saturday, May 5, 2007

LOVE

"Law of Love -- Love unconditionally all living things and all spiritual things. Love the essence of all matter. Sending love from the depths of your heart and soul ensures that love will come back to you. The universe will restore your love sent forth. It may not always come back from the one you sent it to; but your love will always be replenished."

Oh I am so lucky to be writing about LOVE. The two emotions that are constantly operating in the world today are Love or Fear. Every thought or action originates in one or the other.

Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.
-St. Francis of Assisi

You can always tell which you are operating from; one makes you feel good and the other doesn't. One builds bridges and the other destroys them.
Love is the greatest power on the planet that we experience when we are open to receive it. When we give it to another, there is no greater gift. Love sees beyond the ordinary and the ego and permeates the soul. It lifts us up and inspires us to be who we really are. It dreams for us a dream we never believed possible. It heals us and it heals the world. It is the redeemer of lost hope.
When unconditional love is given, it can penetrate any constructed walls of difference. It is the only real thing that exists at the end of this life...nothing else matters.
I will not bring my ego with me, or my need to be right when I transition. I will leave this world surrounded in the love I feel and the love that was so generously given to me.
Love is the true guide to happiness...love is the only thing that matters. Let the rest of it go...

3 comments:

sandegaye said...

God, that last sentence is riveting. It truly is all that matters.
When you stop & think about 'unconditional' Love, it's almost overwhelming. Do we ever really attain that? Even mother's love their kids hoping for something in return.. love, respect, admiration?
That's going to be my quest today.. loving someone or something w/o reservation & w/o expectation. It'll be interesting to see if I can 'let go' of conditions.

... said...

Good luck with your Unconditional Love Challenge, Sande. I think it sounds like something everyone should try.

One thing that strikes me about this particular entry is that there's just not a lot of mention of love these days: it's all war, death, posturing, bravado, greed... It really doesn't seem like very many people are talking about love or hope.

I'd like to see love make a bigger breakthrough everywhere - not just with the media and hearts of world leaders, but with my own heart as well.

Julie said...

This is a great message and one I need to think on a lot right now....