Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Law of Free Will and Predestination -- We are free to choose our direction. Predestination determined what our destiny in life would be, if we choose to fulfill that destiny. Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will."
We always have choice. It is our blessing and our curse. When we are aligned with our Higher Self, choice is something we do to create a life moving along toward our destiny for greatness and what our Soul decided pre-birth what it wanted to achieve here on Earth. We have the ability to steer away from this predestination and go a different route. There is no judgement of which way is the better way or the wrong way...though we will experience them in different ways. Some paths may cause pain, some joy, some may leave us lonely, some with burning desire...its all about what we choose. I think there are certain hints or synchronicities in life to guide us to our destiny...our greatest desire...our oneness with the Universe...and that is where we find fulfillment. Joseph Campbell, the great leader and teacher of comparative mythology, coined the term....Follow your Bliss; this bliss is your destiny. You can walk toward it trusting the Universe knows what it's doing...or you can run from it. It's your choice.

4 comments:

sandegaye said...

Gosh, that's so true.. 'following your bliss'. And look at me, here in the middle of all this bountiful Nature.. reading to my hearts content.. it's all good!

Very true about the pre-birth contracts we make for soul-growth. The fact that we are amnesic about them, not long after birth.. just causes us to ponder all the more 'why am I here?' And then when we discover that 'calling', it all makes perfect sense.

Angela H said...

And you know I feel the need to state that I made it sound like the pre birth contract was only roses, when in fact, they could be some type of challenge or challenges that bring us to greater wisdom and love. I have seen many times when an accident or some life challenge makes a person come back with a passion to change whats wrong to act with greater desire for life and I think about what their brave souls must have arranged.

... said...

Ohhhh, I love the 'follow your bliss' message!

This blog is so inspirational, especially since I just haven't felt that spiritual/metaphysical 'spark' in the last year or so. When I read your entries, I REMEMBER and I yearn.

Angela H said...

You know I have to actively find some kind of spiritual nourishment as well. I am really glad you like reading the blog. It makes me want to write more.
Just the other day I was feeling blah about everything...so I put in the Secret DVD and its like a jolt of remembering something I knew deep inside. It's like breakfast...it helps you keep moving. we starve ourselves and its tough without nourishment. I don't attend church because there are literally none in my area i would feel comfortable with what they teach...so I have to find my own meals instead of going to the cafeteria.