Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Law of Praise.. (you look GOOD!)

The intent of the Law of Praise is to cycle & recycle goodness into & out of our lives. What we give out, we get back. It has a lot to do w/ the polarity Law.. where we choose to dwell on the positive rather than the negative in life, while experiencing them both.

When we offer positive & constructive re-enforcement to our self, friends, & family.. we find it oh so much more acceptable than the critical, depreciating 'tearing down' of egos.
And I'm not talking about the shallow, 'plastic' compliments.
I think there is something truly wonderful in everyone of God's children (Yes, even some politicians were once innocent babies.. & I try to picture that in my mind's eye).
When we find that bit of wonderment.. voice it.
Let that person know you see a bit of 'God' in them.. you appreciate the beauty, kindness, knowledge.. whatever it is you discern. Let them know.. now!
And watch the blessings flow back to you.
Not necessarily from that same person, or even in the same way. But the Law of Praise will return to you, & you will be blessed.

Just ask my husband, when I ask him, 'Do I look fat in these pants?' & he replies, 'You look perfect in anything..'
That man is well on his way to being blessed! ;o)

2 comments:

Angela H said...

This is where I feel fortunate to shine a light on other people and their abilities. So many of us long to be acknowledged and it's nice when someone does. (We always work to be the one to praise ourselves)
When I review books, I like to encourage authors when something resonates and I can always tell when that encouragement is deeply appreciated. It's like lighting a torch and then passing it on so we may all see more clearly.
I think it is our gift to others.
Great entry!!

... said...

So true! Not only does it feel good to GIVE someone praise, but it also feels great to receive it. I love the pay-it-forward concept.