Sunday, December 30, 2007

Resolutions..

Got any?
Looking back on the past decade.. mine haven't changed! What's with that? Did I grow lazy in my beliefs for change? Was I self-sabotaging? Or did I just take the easy way out?
I always had 3. One for Body/Mind/Spirit.
1) Body- lose 20# - hopefully w/ a magic pill, sans exercise.
2) Mind- Learn Italian- hopefully by osmosis in listening to tapes.
3) Spirit- Meditate 20 minutes a day- whenever I had some time to spare, & my hair was just right.

Hmmmmm.. I wonder why that didn't work for me.
So this year I'm shaking things up a little. Becoming a tad more realistic, while still reaching for some goals.
Hence:
1) Body- This year I was diagnosed hypertensive & diabetic. Time for some maintenance here! This year I resolve to eat healthier, to exercise regularly & to monitor for self-healing.
I will be kinder & gentler with this body that I've been loaned for this time around. I will not be so critical & self-effacing. Realizing that the aging process is part of life, & no one gets out of here alive.. I resolve to enjoy the ride!
2) Mind- I have about 1500 books on my bookshelves right here & now. Never been read.. paid top $ for them.. just waiting my perusal. I think it's time. I may not get through all of them before I transition to the big library in the sky.. but I should go out trying, yes? I resolve to read a good book every week.. be it poetry, the classics or a beach read.
3) Spirit- I'm not going to try to limit or measure my co-Divinity here. I'm thinking I should just be 'open' to what Spirit has for me. I resolve to 'listen', as well as speak. I resolve to express Gratitude in all things in all ways.

So that's it for me.. how about you? Tell me what your 3 resolutions might be.

2 comments:

Angela H said...

oooo goody resolutions!
I love the beginning of a new year with all the new beginnings and possibilities.
Let's see...
1. to be kinder to myself and consider my own desires.
2. I'd like to be more motivated in my writing and self expression.
3. to be grateful in every moment, knowing I have it good.

sandegaye said...

Very good resolves.. I especially like #3. We really are blessed, aren't we?